Classroom Observation Talks

     The similarities in other classroom observations were mainly related to the use of technology, the integration of iPads, the effectiveness of projection screens, the use of shared documents.  I recognized that certain other teachers make use of floor-time, spending a few minutes seated on a carpet to gather the students' attention, tell stories, and set clear objectives. 

     When compared to the intellectual and behavioral trends in enrollment at the school where I observe, it seems that my peers observed a wider spectrum of developmental disabilities and other forms of social/behavioral issues that I didn't witness.
Of the low-income population public schools spoken about, I was intrigued to learn about a teacher who recycled props from a local ArtPark theatre production, to be used as a behavior remediation object (reference to "Comfort Toast").

     I gained valuable insight by touching base and sharing our experience observing classrooms.  It reaffirmed my goal to add another school, whether public, or charter, to my list of observations this semester. I can only hope to gain understandings and expand my creative potential to work within limits.   

     I'm excited to return to the classroom for a few more sessions, and certainly see the technological privileges of this school in a new light.  I hope to engage students in further discussion about their independent ideas and plans to use programs such as the Adobe Creative Suite, digital drawing tablets, and what type of creative potential they imagine with them. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NEA Arts |The Art of Failure|

Exploring Word Clouds