Newsletter brainstorm, InDesign

    I'm very excited to draft a community newsletter outlining the elements and principles of my future art classroom. I want to use this letter as a device to advertise a dynamic and intersectional style of teaching fine art. While parents are usually the deciding factor, I want to appeal to the student population with images of what they'll learn inside of this studio. 
     My teaching of art will familiarize the student with biological life forms as they are seen anatomically, and the paths made by the energetic systems within all living things..  I want my students to examine the social aspects and messages of their artwork as they make it, to understand the beneficial power of art in their community.  
     As I familiarize myself with more 3-d art teaching, such as clay and other sculpting techniques, I'll find more to offer my classroom beyond the scope of painting. The main components of my class would be drafting figures and architectures in pencil with a light box technique, modeling anatomy systems with clay, creating nature textures and pigments with found objects, and a variety of other hands-on approaches. 

InDesign Tools
    I believe the most instrumental tool held in Indesign for distributing an article over multiple pages will be the Shift+Click trick for Placing text. 
    The text wrapping tool could be helpful in shaping bodies of text around certain graphics. While I doubt I would ever use it with an enlarged capital letter, I might use it with another interesting vector drawing. 
     Finally, the frame manipulation tool would help bounding images for a portfolio or flip-book.  Since the frame's dimensions decide the size of the visible image inside (meaning the image may be cropped by the frame), you could copy those dimensions on other pages for uniformity. 
     I watched a video on color and content, where I learned more about saving swatches and where to access them quickly. The drop shadow effects create great emphasis on the objects used.  
     The video I watched on Layer managing was a helpful refresher on locking layers and making selections within them. This will help when moving article text boxes over a background image.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NEA Arts |The Art of Failure|

Exploring Word Clouds