Seeing others respond to art around Buffalo.

I visited the following blogs and responded to their experience visiting art galleries around Buffalo, and defining the Elements and Principles of Art through photographs: 

https://gabbysartistblog.blogspot.com/

https://edmundjt97.blogspot.com/


In Gabby's presentation, I was able to see many of the  of Elements and Principles play out in the urban landscape photos of buildings, sculptures, and bridges.  They were not captioned with the specific element they depicted, however each photo had a clear association.  I thought some photos were ambiguous enough to encapsulate balance, color, and form all at once. 
I was pleased to see that Gabby & I both found thematic aspects to the Albright Knox that we both took interest in, most notably that we both enjoyed the 3-dimensional artworks.  While my responses were geared towards geometric, illusionary, mystic, and abstract pieces, she absorbed the language and semiotic piece. 
In Jordan's visit to the Burchfield Penny, I noticed that we had a similar perspective and draw to abstract paintings that show light around a body, or streaming through a tree, such as in Charles Burchfield's painting. Although I haven't visited in over a year, I'm sure I would have flocked to these same works. 
Through Jordan's post, I was introduced to the work of Jonathan Rogers, which I am quite excited to research deeper now.  
It is important to hear criticism, and consider it when learning about art in its early stages.  It's important to think analytically, about the social, spiritual, political, and historic significance of artwork.  Other people's appreciations for the art they sought after is important to consider. 
It was very insightful to read some responses to the Elements and Principles of Art slideshow that I created, and hope to share my findings in a beneficial way for others in the future.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NEA Arts |The Art of Failure|

Exploring Word Clouds